Howlett’s range and versatility and Combrink’s impressive technique.
– I thoroughly enjoyed Howlett and Combrink’s move to highlight the nuanced emotion that songs provide in cinema.
– Howlett’s supple soprano sashayed through arias.
– Her range and skill and her easy, pleasant interpretation of the music was aurally opulent.
– Howlett and Combrink soared through jazz from the 1940s and 50s with excellent arrangements and superb skill.
– a programme that continued to show off Howlett’s range and versatility and Combrink’s impressive technique.
With a laminated [read more…]