MTN CLASSIC SOIREE, 1 JULY 2012: CT Tango Ensemble
Let the sultry sounds of the Cape Town Tango Ensemble enthrall you at the next MTN Classic Soiree. The programme is strictly tango, of course! and includes the works of Astor Piazolla, Francisco Canaro and South Africa’s own Ollie Viljoen! The group plays their own arrangements, as well as those done by famous masters themselves such as Astor Piazzolla. The programme also includes a movement from Piazzolla’s delightful Bandoneon Concerto.
Tickets are available at Computicket from R350.00.
A three-course meal and fine wine will also be served and doors open just after 18h00.
|Where||Summer Place, 69 Melville Road, Hyde Park Johannesburg|
|Contact Name||Jeannine van Straaten|
|Contact Phone||083 392 2610|
The MTN Classic Soiree will take place at the Apollo Room, Summer Place on Sunday 1st July at 18h00 for 18h30.
Bookings are open at Computicket. Click on this link to make your booking.
Tickets are priced from R350.00 and include a three-course meal paired with South African wines. (Refreshments and local bar are for each guest’s own account.)
The evening is smart casual. Ample free, secure parking is available at the venue.
MTN and Classic FM 102.7 have partnered to recognise local classical musicians, performing in South Africa and abroad, by facilitating on-air and concert platforms for the artists to showcase their world-class talent. The concert platform has transpired into the highly sought-after MTN Classic Soirees hosted monthly in luscious surrounds. Each line-up features artists performing different classical genres from concertos to opera, throughout the eras from medieval times to the modern day, including cross-over classical music. Experience our best local talent up close in an intimate setting for an evening of beautiful music coupled with a three-course gastronomic experience and fine wine. The MTN Classic Soiree experience is the epitome of class and sophistication. It is here where you realise why classical music has inspired more musicians than any other type of music.
Stanislav Angelov: Bandoneon, Accordion, Vibrandoneon
Albert Combrink: Piano
Petrus de Beer: Violin
Henrike Kovats: Double Bass
To be announced
Included in your ticket are canapés and a welcoming drink, a three-course meal including fine wines. (Please note: Refreshments and local bar are for each guest’s own account.)
Vegetarian meals may be ordered from your server before the performance. For any special dietary requirements over and above vegetarian, email Jeannine van Straaten by Wednesday 27th June 2012.
Visit the Classic FM Site HERE.
|Tel: +27 (11) 447 9744|
|Fax: +27 (11) 880 2050|
69 Melville Road
PO Box 413555
|GPS: E28.046635 S26.121673|
CLASSIC FM SOIREE
CT Tango Ensemble
1 July 2012
- Fuga y misterio from Tango Operita “Maria de Buenos Aires” – Astor Piazzolla
- Cara sucia – Francisco Canaro
- Canro en Paris – Alejandro Scarpino/Juan Caldarella
- A Borges * – Ricardo Fiorio
- Que noche – Agustin Bardi
- Don Agustin Bardi – Horacio Salgan
- Beautiful Dream – Stanislav Angelov
- Otoño Porteño – Astor Piazzolla
- Presto – 3rd movement from “Aconcagua”-Concierto para Bandoneon, Orquesta de Cuerdas y Percusion – Astor Piazzolla
- Responso – Anibal Troilo
- Milonga de mis amores – Pedro Laurenz
- Hemel en Aarde – Ollie Viljoen
- La muerte del angel – Astor Piazzolla
- Resureccion del angel – Astor Piazzolla
- Contramilonga alla funerala from Tango Operita “Maria de Buenos Aires” – Astor Piazzolla
- Allegro Tangabile from Tango Operita “Maria de Buenos Aires” – Astor Piazzolla